Aims and Objectives
The aim of MASHnet is:
- To improve the application of modelling and simulation techniques within healthcare decision making.
Our objectives are:
- To establish a steering group which communicates on an on-going basis to facilitate the activities of the network. Ideally to include members from differing backgrounds.
- To create a dedicated web site to disseminate information, sharing of ideas and best practice.
- To organise regular (e.g. twice yearly) seminars of the membership to share experiences and ideas in healthcare modelling and simulation.
- To foster links and dialogue with other key organisations and special interest groups.
- To develop a dedicated e-journal (distributed via the internet) and to promote the publication of papers and articles in the field of healthcare modelling and simulation.
- To establish a directory of practitioners in healthcare modelling and simulation in the UK
- To build a comprehensive bibliography of healthcare modelling and simulation publications accessible through the website
- To develop educational resources (including web-based) for health care modelling and simulation
- To stimulate the use of modelling in health care decision making through active dialogue with professionals in health care