Marek is a manager in the healthcare practice at Concentra Consulting. He is a specialist in capacity planning, financial modelling and multi-stakeholder and large scale uptake management. He has experience, both at Concentra and AT Kearney, of complex data analytics and data management and their application to operations improvement. Marek is the lead consultant on the national tools for radiotherapy planning (R-PORT) and cancer benchmarking (CCT).
Concentra is a niche consultancy focused on improving client’s operational efficiency by combining management consulting and leading technologies (Microsoft Gold Partner). Concentra delivers improved and sustainable operational efficiency by combining the operational and clinical knowledge within the healthcare consulting team and the experience of working with the majority of the key operational data sources within the NHS. Concentra has expertise in over 50 data sources such as; SUS, GP systems – EMIS and Vision, RiO, Cerner Millenium, HR (ESR and CPPD), Clinical / Operational (AMU, A&E, etc) and Finance (Oracle). This enables the delivery of operational improvements based upon actual and real time information.
Current projects include:
- National Cancer Action Team: Development and implementation of Chemotherapy (C-PORT) and Radiotherapy (R-PORT) operational web based tools to identify delays within the delivery of care and support the redesign of local services
- Primary Care Trust: Improved understanding of future commissioning requirements through predictive modelling based on data held within a SQL data warehouse incorporating information from SUS and GP systems across the PCT
- Acute Foundation Trust: Reduced inpatient operational inefficiencies by linking A&E, AMU and Inpatient real time data to identify why patients are being delayed at certain points within the hospital. Real time (updated every 15 minutes) operational dashboards are used to address / predict resourcing issues
- Strategic Health Authority: Reducing the NHS workforce gap by modelling retention issues identified by developing a SQL data warehouse comprised of data from ESR, CPPD, Census and salary support systems
- Acute Foundation Trust: Improved accuracy of billing and increased revenue to the Trust through the development and rectification of a SQL data warehouse and reports to ensure accurate reporting of SLAM, MDS and SUS information to a Primary Care Trust
- Acute Foundation Trust: Improved reporting and access to information through the development of a SQL data warehouse and OLAP cube containing 27 data sources including Cerner Millenium
- National Cancer Intelligence Network: Development and ongoing support for Cancer Commissioning Toolkit (CCT) which enables benchmarking of all cancer services within England (based upon 13 independent data sources)
A&E Services, Capacity Mgmt, Commissioning, Data Modelling, Discrete Event Simulation, Finance, Forecasting, Pathway Models, Population Models, Scheduling, Service Redesign, Strategic Modelling, Waiting Lists, Workforce Planning
18 Park Street,
- Provide predictive modelling, database development, data analytics and implementation; for the DH, SHAs, PCTs Foundation Trusts, Regulatory Bodies, Medical Suppliers, Pharmaceutical Companies and the Private Sector.