Dr Adam Pollard
- Applied mathematician and statistician now working within healthcare simulation, informatics and strategic planning. Various packages used but now largely develop own. Use MapInfo/Drivetime when performing demographic optimization.
- In past life, I have modeled within financial services, hydrogeology, environmental protection and physical sciences in general.
- Ph.D. – Geomechanics (contaminant transport in fractured porous rocks)
- M.Sc. – Industrial Applied Mathematics
Royal Cornwall Hospitals Trust
- Contact with other modelers for comparison of approaches
Interested in analogizing between modeling in other sectors and healthcare
Keen to explore impact of global warming on human health and anticipated cost of providing healthcare
Looking to investigate how disability within catchment area might skew a Trust's performance and whether this has been benchmarked nationally