MASHnet Workshop: Modelling and Simulation for a Changing NHS
The NHS is currently facing massive structural change coupled with increasing constraints in its use of resources. At this challenging time, modelling and simulation can play a pivotal role in shaping the service as it moves forward.
This one day workshop explored how these techniques can help improve both the efficiency and quality of services for a wide range of health service applications including waiting time reduction, scheduling, bed capacity management, workforce planning, service location, and commissioning.
Full Report to Follow Shortly
“.. modelling and simulation techniques are a powerful tool that can help managers and practitioners, plan, manage and find efficiencies.’ Nigel Edwards, Acting Chief Executive, NHS Confederation
This event was hosted by the NHS Confederation’s Health Services Research Network and MASHnet – the UK Modelling and Simulation in Healthcare Network.
Workshop Programme : MASHnet Workshop 12 Nov 10 Programme v5
- David Bensley : Programme Manager, Dept of Health.
- Prof. Sally Brailsford ; Professor of Management Science, University of Southampton
- Prof. Martin Utley : Director of the Clinical Operational Research Unit, UCL. London
- Dr Nick Gaunt : Chief Information and Knowledge Officer, NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement
- Claire Cordeaux : Lead for Healthcare at SIMUL8 Corporation
- Jon Smith : CEO MapPlace Ltd. Southampton UK.
- Dr Martin Pitt : Senior Research Fellow, Peninsula Medical School.